On December 3, 2018, the Board of Directors meet in the Cobblefield Point club house to discuss a number of items including the recent repairs to building A1, the 2019 proposed budget, and other items.
Here are some of the documents shared during that meeting, including meeting minutes.
Cobblefield Point Unit Owners,
As you now know, we have recently had some significant repairs required to Building A1 due to structural degradation and moisture infiltration inside the walls and flooring. A construction company suggested that the repairs may have been required due to poor workmanship when the building was originally constructed.
The association hired an engineering firm to review the situation. Additionally, the association filed a claim with its insurance company. The insurance company hired its own forensic engineering firm (Donan Engineering) to evaluate the issue. The engineering company that the association hired (Farnsworth Group) confirmed that there are several problems related to the original construction workmanship. The forensic engineering firm hired by the insurance company also concluded that the damage was a result of faulty or improper workmanship.
At the annual meeting held on May 31, 2018, the Board voted to increase the monthly HOA fees to $200.00 beginning August 1, 2018. This increase is needed as there are a number of future maintenance upkeep and repairs that will be needed. The Board felt that a small monthly increase would be better than another special assessment that could be higher than the $2,000.00 incurred in 2015.
Additionally please be aware of the following updated/changed policy items to the Rules and Regulations:
- Swimming Pool Policy (Page 7): No more than 4 guests are allowed from any one unit, unless cleared through the Board in advance. Owners or residents are responsible for their guests.
- Pets (Page 9): No animals shall be permitted except for one (1) four-legged domesticated animal not to exceed forty (40) pounds. Current residents with two animals will be grandfathered in; however, future residents will be held to this policy. Reptiles of any type are not allowed.
- Pets (Page 9): Per City of Champaign Ordinance all animals must be kept on a leash in the common and public areas at all times.
- Parking (Page 8): No campers, boats, trailers, or trucks shall be parked outside on the property and no more than two (2) automobiles shall be kept or stored. Parking on the street is not permitted.
- Cable or Dishes (Page 3): All cable lines must run inside of the condo – no lines or lines for holes may be cut or draped on the exterior of the building. Dishes cannot be attached to the balcony railings by bolts or screws.
- Limited Elements Usage (Page 4). Residents may not have a garden or a compost pile in the limited common areas.
For a full copy of the Cobblefield Point Rules and Regulations, please click here.
Information about the 2018-2019 Board of Directors can be found here.
Updated May 7th – We have just been informed that the concrete contractor had an emergency this morning and is unable to be on site today (5/7) to repair the water leak between buildings A-7 and B-2. The work has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning.
A water leak has been detected under the drive between buildings A-7 and B-2. In order to identify the location of the leak and to fix the problem, this portion of Thornhill will be closed on Monday, May 7th. This driveway will be closed for a few days as new concrete will need to be placed after the work is completed. Please do not park any cars in the small parking area facing the pond near building B-2. The contractors have requested that this area remain clear for their use.
In addition buildings A-7, B-1 and/or B-2 may lose water service on Monday due to this leak. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Myrna Webber at DRMCU or at 217-403-3300.
We appreciate the patience of all residents during this unexpected work.
(updated by Josh)
On Friday, Jan 19th, the Board of Directors met in an open meeting to discuss the 2018 budget and general association items. The following topics were on the agenda and the meeting ran from approximately 6:30-7:45pm.
- Call to Order
- 2018 Budget and Financial Update
- Exterior Building & Maintenance
- By-law Amendment Rental Restriction
- Open Discussion
In addition, the Directors have approved the proposed budget for 2018. You can find a copy of the budget here.
Note: a copy of the meeting minutes are posted here, these will be approved at the next Association meeting.
On Monday, June 5th at 6:30PM, we will hold the 2017 Annual meeting for the Cobblefield Point Condo Association. The meeting will be held in the Clubhouse.
You can find an updated copy of the May 2017 rules & regulations here.
On Thursday, Feb 16th, the Board of Directors met in an open meeting to discuss a number of items for 2017. The following topics were on the agenda and the meeting ran from 7:00pm to approximately 7:55pm.
- Call to Order
- Approval of December 8, 2016 Minutes
- 2017 Budget and Financial Update
- Windows / Door Replacements
- HOA Rules & Regulations (Coming Soon!)
- Lawn Care & Snow Removal bids
- Dumpsters for July (rental unit turnover)
- Open Discussion
In addition, the Directors have approved the proposed budget for 2017. You can find a copy of the budget here.
Note: once approved, a copy of the meeting minutes will be posted.
Join us for pizza & refreshments!
All owners and tenants of Cobblefield Point Condo Association are cordially invited to the Clubhouse on Monday, August 29th at 6:00 pm for pizza. Meet your neighbors over dinner then stay for the association meeting and find out what is going on in the community!
Date: Monday, August 29th
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Clubhouse – Cobblefield Point
- Call Meeting to Order
- Introduction of New Board of Directors
- Approval of June 6, 2016 Minutes
- Financial Update
- Exterior Building Project Update
- Power Washing
- Open Floor & Owner Concerns
The 2016 annual meeting was held on Monday, June 6th at 6:30PM at the Clubhouse. We will post additional information about the meeting and content discussed in the following days.
In addition, ballots will be mailed to any owners not in attendance to complete the election process for the 2016-2017 Board of Directors.
In the mean time, we recommend checking out the frequently asked questions area of the site.
The Board of Directors has agreed on the proposed budget for 2016. You can find a copy of the budget at the following link: